Despite being digitally savvy, social, and highly ambitious, Millennials (also known as Generation Y) are having a hard time finding work. One out of two recent college graduates are jobless or under-employed.
To help managers better understand Millennials and their value, The Young Entrepreneur Council (YEC) partnered with MBA@UNC, the online MBA program at UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School, to share their research about Millennials and create the infographic below.
According to the YEC, the infographic helps managers learn about "how to nurture one of the most idealistic, social, and entrepreneurial generations we have ever seen," and it outlines six reasons for hiring a Millennial:
- Millennials want to learn and grow with you.
- They are tech-savvy multitaskers.
- They can be a social media megaphone for your company.
- They are motivated by more than money.
- They are mobile.
- They want to lead.
You can get more details about the above reasons in the infographic.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Company Behaviors That Employees Won't Tolerate
- Putting Heart Into Your Business: 'Heartificial Empathy' Author Minter Dial on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Employee Engagement: Three Ways to Improve Your Strategy and Approach
- The Most Unacceptable Office Communication Habits and Manager Behaviors
- Is Workplace Competition Good for Marketers? [Infographic]