Recently, the online world celebrated Social Media Week for the fifth year in a row. From February 18, 2013, to February 21, 2013, more than 104,817 tweets rocked the Internet with mentions of social media week.
To see how the week's theme of global unity played out, Synthesio tracked SMW-related Twitter activity then created the following infographic to share its findings.
Among those findings are the top countries tweeting SMW. The United States topped the list, accounting for 34% of tweets, followed distantly by Italy at 17%. Other countries participating in SMW-related tweets were France (9%), Nigeria (9%), Germany (6%), and Indonesia (5%).
Interestingly, the top two SMW global Twitter influences came from Japan: @asahicom (819 tweets) and @resigner (671) tweets. In third place, @telecomitaliaTW had 429 SMW-related tweets.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Next Big Influencer Platforms and Trends in Social Media Engagement
- The Paid Social Platforms Marketers Plan to Invest In
- How (and Why) to Humanize Your Brand: Author Carlos Gil on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Employee Advocacy Statistics for Marketers [Infographic]
- Social Media Visibility Has a Price: 7 Things You Must Do