When celebrating Opening Day 2013, baseball fans were enjoying more than their peanuts and Cracker Jack; they were also enjoying talking baseball on their social networks.
To find out what Major League Baseball (MLB) clubs were communicating with their fans two weeks before Opening Day 2013, Silverpop studied the social, email, and mobile habits of 30 MLB clubs and presented its findings in an infographic.
Among those findings...
1. With 7,980,000 Yankee fans across Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, and Instagram, the Yankees are the MLB's most social team.
2. The American League has 23.7 million social followers; the National League has 19.9 million.
3. The Yankees have the most Facebook fans (6.3 million); the Boston Red Sox are a distant second with 3.8 million fans. The Chicago Cubs are in third place with 1.8 million.
4. In the two weeks leading up to opening day, the MLB averaged 175 tweets per team.
Check out the following infographic for more Opening Day-related stats.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How to Create Engaging Instagram Carousel Posts [Infographic]
- Set Your Marketing Ablaze: Ryan Stewart Talks Cannabis Marketing on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Are Marketers Friends With Their Coworkers on Social Media?
- Top 5 Mistakes Companies Make on Instagram, and What to Do Instead
- The Work Life of a Social Media Manager [Infographic]