Think that social media has killed off email? Hardly. Active email users far outnumber users on any social network. For example, 3 billion people use email. Now compare that number with one billion Facebook users, 200 million Twitter users, and 200 million LinkedIn users.
Email is thriving, not perishing, in our social media-loving age.
Rather than killing off email, social media is extending email's reach. The click-through rate (CTR) of an average email is 2.4% without social sharing capabilities. Add social icons in the email, and the CTR jumps to 6.2%.
To help marketers understand how important social media is to email, GetResponse, an email marketing solutions provider, put together an infographic, which cites an increase in the use of social share icons in emails.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Email, Content, and SEO: A Marketing Tag-Team for 2019 and Beyond
- Retail Email Engagement and Spend Level: A Correlation
- Eight Tips for Making Email Campaigns Mobile-Friendly [Infographic]
- Why You Need a Modern Email Preference Center and How to Build One
- What Every Marketer Needs to Know About Email Deliverability