Recently, Google Reader became the latest product laid to rest in the Google graveyard. Though beloved by its (relatively small) fan base, Google Reader just wasn't popular enough to merit existence.
Alas, Google Reader isn't the only product to meet an untimely death. Here's a look at other great Google products that didn't last.
Google Talk. The instant messaging service that provided text and voice communication was replaced by Google+ Hangouts on May 15, 2013.
Google Buzz. Google's social networking, microblogging, and messaging tool was integrated into Gmail. Links, photos, videos, comments, and status updates could be shared and organized by conversation. The buzz died on Dec. 15, 2011.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- A Detailed LinkedIn Guide for Small Businesses [Infographic]
- The Most Annoying Types of People on the Internet [Infographic]
- Brand Posts on Instagram: Engagement and Frequency Trends
- TikTok: The Next Big Thing in Video Marketing? [Infographic]
- Less Facebook, More Snapchat: How Social Media Habits Vary Among Generations