Numerous studies throughout 2012 reiterated just how challenged marketers are in proving Marketing's business value.
The Capsicum Report found that "Marketers lack commercial acumen and don't speak the language of the business, reporting their contributions in terms of 'activities' or 'outputs' rather than the business key performance indicators."
The Economist Intelligence Unit reported that "the CMO's traditional dilemma of demonstrating effectiveness, return on marketing investment, and relevance to the business still persists."
The Forrester Evolved CMO study stated that "to prove their value and justify investment, they (CMOs) must tie marketing closer to business results."
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Is Your Platform-Heavy Martech Stack Costing You?
- The Habits of Highly Effective Leaders [Infographic]
- Upskilling: How Professional Development Can Improve Company Performance and Employee Retention
- Remote Marketing Teams: Benefits, Challenges, and Five Tools to Keep Them Synced
- An Enterprise Approach to Content Management