Get the scoop on SXSW, which social brands people love most, why Facebook organic reach may vanish, and Twitter-powered Oreo cookies. And the Web turns 25. That's just surface-scratching. Skim for your social submersion!
Happy birthday, World Wide Web! This week we celebrated the 25th birthday of the World Wide Web, the visual layer of the Internet without which none of this magic could be possible. Fast Company's created a brief history of the WWW, which includes the birth of once-iconic social site MySpace. Remember Tom, your first friend?
The universal language of GIFs. GIFGIF is MIT students' attempt to build an emotional dictionary out of GIFs, using a hot-or-not-style mechanism that lets users decide which GIF, between two, best expresses anger, for example. Analyses are broken down just below the images... so you'll never have to second-guess your options.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Instagram Stories 101: What Marketers Need to Know [Infographic]
- Using Influencer Marketing on LinkedIn for World Domination (And Brand Awareness): Goldie Chan on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The Next Big Influencer Platforms and Trends in Social Media Engagement
- The Paid Social Platforms Marketers Plan to Invest In
- How (and Why) to Humanize Your Brand: Author Carlos Gil on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]