How much do design, site speed, and product reviews affect e-commerce checkout behavior? Even more than you might think...
Regarding general design, some 93% of people say visuals are the most influential factor in the purchase decision, according to vouchercloud.
Moreover, shoppers assess a product within 90 seconds to determine whether to purchase it.
Site speed also plays a huge role. If a page takes three seconds to load, 57% of online consumers will abandon the site; of those visitors, 80% will never return.
Product reviews, too, influence online shoppers. Some 85% of consumers read online reviews for local businesses before making a purchase. "Of those, 79% trust the reviews as much as a personal recommendation," vouchercloud writes.
To find out more about the behaviors behind online shopper clicks, check out the infographic:
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Listen While You Work: The Media Habits of Remote Employees
- The Stunning Amount of Data Generated Online Every Minute [Infographic]
- The Novel Economy, Generation N, and Thriving in a Digital-First Environment: Futurist Brian Solis on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- B2B Buyers' Top Challenges With Their Current Vendors
- Would People Rather Watch an Ad or Share Their Email Address?