As a marketer, you most likely understand Millennials, but you also need to get to know the generation that follows: Generation Z.
Generation Z makes up the largest percentage (25.9%) of the US population. They aren't even 21 years old yet, but already they are beginning to exhibit influence, consumption, and spending power.
So, what do marketers need to know about Generation Z?
"Generation Z is mature, self-directed, and resourceful," according to the following infographic by Marketo. They know how to self-educate and find information, and 52% use YouTube or social media for typical research assignments.
Moreover, Generation Z embraces the DIY culture. Some 76% wish their hobbies would turn into full-time jobs, and 72% of high school students want to start their own businesses someday.
"This generation knows the ins and outs of the Internet, shops online, and is ambitious about work," states Marketo. "Your future business depends on understanding how to market to them."
To find out more about Generation Z, check out the infographic:
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Listen While You Work: The Media Habits of Remote Employees
- The Stunning Amount of Data Generated Online Every Minute [Infographic]
- The Novel Economy, Generation N, and Thriving in a Digital-First Environment: Futurist Brian Solis on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- B2B Buyers' Top Challenges With Their Current Vendors
- Would People Rather Watch an Ad or Share Their Email Address?