To reach this summer's estimated 222 million travelers, the global travel industry must engage travelers offline and online via various technologies.
Here's a look at the top five digital business trends affecting travel this summer.
Mobile's effect is enormous on travelers: "62% think it's important for hotels to allow bookings on mobile devices," according to the following SDL infographic. Moreover, 56% of travelers use their smartphone to check flight status.
Travelers also use online travel agency (OTA) metasearch as an efficient way to get a quick view of the market, states SDL: "64% refer to a travel research site like TripAdvisor for travel inspiration."
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Meet the Parennials (Millennial Parents)
- Super Bowl Viewers: Demographic, Device, and Ad Trends [Infographic]
- The Most Annoying Types of People on the Internet [Infographic]
- The Next Decade of E-Commerce: A Shift From Intent to Discovery
- The 2019 Holiday Shopping Season: Spend, Timing, and Channel Trends