Find out how Facebook's latest ad product will fuel the growth of its next billion users (it hopes). We also tell you about Pinterest Shop, the anatomy of the perfect Instagram ad, and how Insta plans to take on Snapchat with its own take on Live Stories. Skim to stay in step!
Facebook's Slideshow ad product targets next billion users
What's the next move for a company that calls 1.5 billion online users customers? Find a billion more. The catch? They're all in emerging markets and stuck with slow 2G mobile network connections.
To target them, Facebook's new ad unit, Slideshow, lets advertisers stitch together images that emulate video ads but require far less bandwidth and mobile network power. Coca-Cola, Netflix, and Brazilian cosmetics brand O Boticário are already on board. And it looks like users in emerging markets are receptive to video ads.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Instagram Benchmarks for Brands: Engagement, Hashtag, and Emoji Trends
- Facebook Reactions, Shares, and Comments: A 2018 Year in Review [Infographic]
- Six Lead Generation Tactics to Use in Your Social Media Channels
- How Quickly Should Brands Respond to Consumers on Social Media?
- What Consumers Want From Brands: Transparency on Social Media