Remember when Toto pulled back the curtain and unveiled the wizard, whose existence up until then had been shrouded in mystery?
Well, you may not have been aware of it, but you too have been exposed. Today's business reality is that we are no longer marketing wizards.
Yup… the jig is up! The audience knows how we do all of our tricks.
It certainly has been a heck of a ride, though, hasn't it? We've had our names up in lights as the Wizards of Marketing for the past 50 years!
Think of those artful product ads that we used to pull out of our magic hats. You know the ones, where we used our stunning assistants (actresses and celebrities) to seduce people into buying our magic brand. Or we'd fill our marketing performance with smoke and fire and chest-thumping superlatives, just like the great and powerful OZ!
Remember when we used to send our assistants (salespeople) out into the audience armed with bags full of product? And how they'd use their magical convincing and closing skills to sell them? It used to work and work well, right?
We even used our Svengali-like manipulation on our employees, didn't we? We'd disguise the truth, promise the world, and hypnotize them with our patter.
Well… them was the good ol' days. And those days are gone forever.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Personalization vs. Intrusion: How a Mix of Artificial and Human Intelligence Can Create Balance
- Niche Marketers, Is Your Customer Engagement Strategy Up-to-Date?
- Three Proven Strategies for Engaging Millennial and Gen Z Customers
- Marketing in Controversial Markets: How to Build Trust
- Keep Consumers From Cheating on You: Foster a Community to Stay Together