Part 1 of this series introduced the incredible innovation opportunity that mobile heralds for today's marketers. Part 2 explored innovating brand engagement through mobile. And Part 3 illuminated ways to innovate sales channels through mobile.
In this segment, we focus on the third innovation strategy: innovating product offerings through mobile.
Inarguably, the lifeblood of any company is revenue. And the sale of product offerings—products, services, or solutions—are how companies garner the revenue necessary for them to grow and flourish. With revenue as the top priority, companies must continually improve and evolve their offerings to maintain current customers, attract new customers, differentiate from their competitors, and gain more market share.
But we are now a mobile world, replete with mobile work styles, mobile lifestyles, and mobile expectations. And customers, whether consumer or executive audiences, expect companies to use the very same technology that has improved customers' lives to also improve the products and services they use.
Through mobile, companies can innovate their offerings in two ways:
- Harnessing mobile to energize their existing product offerings. Mobile can serve to keep a company's product offerings more compelling and relevant to its target markets.
- Tapping mobile to develop entirely new offerings. Mobile can open entirely new worlds of revenue.
Let's look at examples of savvy companies harnessing mobile technologies, mobile augmented reality, and mobile sensors to innovate their product offerings through mobile.
Dish Network: Wielding Mobile to Transform a Home-Based TV Service Into a "TV Everywhere" Offering
Thinking outside the box, outside the dish, and outside the home, satellite programming provider Dish Network has innovated its existing product offering—subscription-based TV content delivered via satellite dish to viewers' homes—into TV content that is accessible anytime, anywhere, via any device.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Boost Your Open Rates With Messaging Apps [Infographic]
- The Mobile Opportunity: Recognizing the Power of Apps and the Mobile Web
- When Is the Right Time for Mobile Marketing Messages?
- The Summer Road Trip in 2019: Mobile and Social Trends [Infographic]
- Mobile Wallet Usage Around the World [Infographic]