Now that the dropping of the Times Square ball and the popping of the champagne bottles are a distant memory, it's time to get serious about your strategies for 2013.
How will you treat your customers? How will you acknowledge their experiences and build their brand loyalty? How will you encourage interaction with multiple channels?
The short answer: listen to them.
The long answer: read this article.
1. Rethink email
Email is cheap. That's why we retailers send so much of it. Though we want to segment our emails and therefore be more relevant, the larger portion of our subscriber community is still getting batch and blast email.
But getting out of the mass-email rut has never been easier to do. New tools and technologies allow you to easily target customers based on behavioral data, allowing you to create highly targeted lists.
Why is that important? I've routinely seen lists one-fifth the size of the standard marketing list bringing in larger amounts of revenue than those larger lists.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- CX Will Be Essential for Rebuilding After COVID-19: Four Steps You Need to Take Now
- Planning Your COVID-Related Communications: A Flowchart [Infographic]
- Three Tips to Turn Initial Conversations Into Marketing and Sales Relationships
- Five Things to Do Now With Your Customer Advisory Board During the Pandemic
- Five Tips for Strategic and Compassionate Upselling in Times of Uncertainty