When I'm talking to other marketing people about my job, one of the things I hear over and over again is, "You're so lucky! You get to have fun with your marketing.
"I wish we could have fun in our jobs."
That's because I work at a company with an irreverent brand, where it's perfectly OK to come to work looking like we do in the picture on the right.
And where this is a part of our website:
Here's the thing, though: You, too, can have fun with your marketing.
Sure, maybe you don't want to put up a video where one of your sales folks dresses up in a shiny silver jumpsuit on your website. And maybe a bio for your in-office massage chair wouldn't be quite on-brand. But just because you sell something kinda boring, or you have a brand that rates a 0/10 on the kooky scale, doesn't mean you can't have fun with your marketing.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- You're Hired... or Not: How Clients Find Small Business Service Providers [Infographic]
- Customer Experience, Innovation, and Technology: Marketing Smarts Podcast, Recorded Live at Adobe Summit
- Four Things Marketers Should Learn From E-Commerce
- How to Communicate With the Most Tech-Savvy Generation Yet
- Five Real Content Strategies to Earn Brand Attachment