More than 500 million people use Facebook Events each month to connect and meet up in the real world.
It might seem that most of those event are to help organize a toddler's birthday party, an end-of-semester kegger, or a casual retirement party, but that doesn't mean Facebook Events aren't useful for marketers as well.
A Facebook event can help broaden reach for your in-person events, which B2B marketers cite as the most effective content marketing tactic.
In second place are digital events, such as webinars/webcasts, which can also get more signups and attendance with the help of a Facebook Event.
Here are 10 ways marketers can make the most of Facebook for event promotion.
1. Take advantage of Page features
Most people who create a Facebook Event take the time to at least upload a photo and create a description, but I recommend using as many relevant fields as possible. Here are the 10 main fields:
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Facebook Image Sizes and Dimensions Cheat Sheet [Infographic]
- 15 Tips and 9 Tools to Boost Your Instagram Video Marketing
- How to Set Up and Use Your Small Business Instagram Profile [Infographic]
- The Value in Going Viral (And Five Steps to Improve Your Odds)
- Four Types of Influencers for Your Influencer Marketing Campaigns