Challenging economic times can serve as a catalyst for the entrepreneurial spirit and lead to the creation of much-needed new jobs: 69% more unemployed US workers started a business in 2009 than they did a year earlier, according to a report from TrendsSpotting.
Over one-half of the companies on the 2009 Fortune 500 list, and just under one-half of those on the 2008 Inc 500 list, were founded during a recession or bear market, TrendsSpotting points out.
Still, one-half (50%) of innovation-driven countries, including the US, registered declines in the numbers of new business startups in 2009, according to the report.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Home Is at the Heart of Commerce Marketing [Infographic]
- How Concerned Are Consumers About Online Privacy?
- Neuroscience and Marketing Storytelling: Context Is Everything [Video]
- Context Is Everything: Consumer Behavior [Video]
- Super Distracted: What Consumers Do During the Super Bowl [Infographic]