The blogosphere is now dominated by younger adults age 21-35—those who have grown up during the blogging revolution—and bloggers in the US account for the plurality (29.22%) of blog posts worldwide, according to a study by Sysomos.
Bloggers age 21-35 accounted for 53.3% of over one million blog posts analyzed, followed by bloggers under age 20 (20.2%), those age 36-50 (19.4%), and those age 51+ (7.1%).
The gender composition of the blogosphere is nearly evenly split between women (50.9%) and men (49.1%).
Below, other findings from the Sysomos study, which examined the demographic composition of the blogosphere.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Eight Practical Yet Powerful KPIs for Measuring Influencer Performance
- Facebook Image Sizes and Dimensions Cheat Sheet [Infographic]
- How to Set Up and Use Your Small Business Instagram Profile [Infographic]
- 15 Tips and 9 Tools to Boost Your Instagram Video Marketing
- The Value in Going Viral (And Five Steps to Improve Your Odds)