Although Google is still the most important source of referred traffic to major news websites, Facebook is growing in importance, driving as much as 8% of total visits to some websites, according to a study by the Pew Research Center.
At the high end is The Huffington Post, which generates 7.96% of total site traffic via links posted on Facebook, followed by ABC News (7.35%), CNN (7.05%), The New York Times (6.20%), The Examiner (5.98%), and The Washington Post (4.58%).
At the low end are AOL News, MSNBC, and local aggregator Topix, each deriving roughly 1.0% of total site traffic via Facebook.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Micro-Influencer Trends: Platform, Format, and Compensation Preferences
- Do Consumers Think Instagram Should Hide Likes?
- Social Video in 2020: The Viewpoints of Marketers and Consumers [2 Infographics]
- Ethics and Social Media Influencers: What Consumers Expect
- A Detailed LinkedIn Guide for Small Businesses [Infographic]