Google: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
The 15 Most Visited Web Properties by US ConsumersAyaz NanjiWeb properties owned by Google were the most visited by consumers in the United States last month, according to recent research from comScore.
Google Site Search Is Going Away: Three Questions to Ask Before You Replace ItMatthew RileyAs Google shutters its Site Search, these three key questions will help you avoid a scramble to find a replacement. They'll also help you determine which technology will work best ...
Local Reviews: Which Platforms Do Consumers Post on Most?Ayaz NanjiSince 2015, Google has outpaced Facebook, Yelp, Foursquare, and TripAdvisor in local business reviews, according to recent research from BrightLocal.
The Top Google Search Algorithm Updates of Last Year [Infographic]Laura ForerGoogle can be secretive about its search algorithm updates. Check out this list of the top 11 updates of 2017 to learn about key changes and to make sure your ...
The 10 Biggest Winners and Losers on Google Search in 2017Ayaz NanjiYouTube had the biggest gains in number of searches on Google search last year, and Reddit had the biggest drop, according to recent research from Searchmetrics.
How to Take Over Google's Featured Snippets and Win Voice Search in 2018Melissa Garner [Sponsored Content]Voice search is gaining in popularity, and your brand has just one chance to get to the top of the search results and be the featured answer. This guide explains ...
What's Coming Up? Online Advertising Trend Predictions for 2018 [Interactive Infographic]Laura ForerMarketers can expect 2018 to be a big year for digital advertising, with continued growth in voice search, video ads, targeting accuracy, and more. Check out four big digital ad ...
How to Perfect Your Retail 'Google My Business' Listing [Infographic]Laura ForerThe Google My Business tool is often your customer's first contact with your brand, so make sure to set it up to optimize the experience. Learn how to claim your ...
Google Search Trends: How Online Shoppers Find Purchase Ideas and InspirationAyaz NanjiOnline shoppers looking for purchase ideas and inspiration are increasingly using search queries that include terms like "ideas," "shopping list," and "brands," according to recent research from Think With Google.
The Gmail Effect: How Consumers' Email Preferences Have ChangedAyaz NanjiThe proportion of marketing-email subscribers who use Gmail for those subscriptions has jumped 76% since 2014, according to recent research from Yes Lifecycle Marketing.
Google: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Google+ for Brands: Lynette Young Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneSocial technology strategist and Google+ expert Lynette Young shares insight into how businesses can take advantage of the social network's potential for marketing.
Put the Audience First: Sonia Simone of Copyblogger on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew Grant"Search engine robots—the last time I checked—do not have credit cards to buy your product," says Sonia Simone of Copyblogger Media. Which is why, she adds, "It makes more sense for us to look at SEO as a function of ...
Making the Case for Google+: Guy Kawasaki on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantGuy Kawasaki loves Google+ so much, he wrote a book about it: What the Plus! Since I've been rather slow to get on the Google+ bus, I invited Guy to Marketing Smarts to talk about why I should give it ...
Google: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- MarketingProfs University: SEO—How Customer Experience Impacts SearchBroadcast on 8/13/2015 with Casie GilletteIn this PRO seminar and kickoff class of MarketingProfs University's Search Marketing School, we'll cover the most important elements and key changes in customer search behavior as well as how to drive conversations through SEO, content, and social media.
- MarketingProfs University: What Marketers Should Know About GoogleBroadcast on 9/15/2011 with Maile OhyeLearn the latest about Google Search and the evolving search landscape from the source. Google's Maile Ohye walks us through successful approaches—and pitfalls to avoid—when building a search optimized site.
- MarketingProfs Makeover: Optimizing Content for SEOBroadcast on 12/9/2010 with Heather Lloyd-MartinJoin us for this exciting and fast-paced Hot Seat Lab where you'll learn best practices for writing SEO content that will achieve higher rankings in search engines. Plus, you'll witness several live website critiques where Heather Lloyd Martin will provide actionable tips for improving content in a way that will draw more customers to your site.
- Turbocharge Your Google AdWords and Other Paid Online Media CampaignsBroadcast on 7/1/2010 with Bill LeakeLearn solid tactics that you can use to put a new pep in your pay per click step. Insights and concepts will be illustrated with real examples of companies like yours. You'll leave with sharp ideas that you can implement right away, and an opportunity to achieve double, if not triple, digit improvements in your monthly PPC campaigns.
- Today's Top Five SEO EssentialsBroadcast on 3/11/2010 with Janet Driscoll MillerDon't have the time or money to thoroughly search optimize your website? Learn what's absolutely critical to your SEO success.
- Bing Isn't Google: The Differences That Matter for Search MarketingBroadcast on 2/18/2010 with Janet Driscoll MillerWhat should you do to best optimize your website for Bing that you aren't already doing for Google?
- You 2.0: Measuring (and Improving) Your Personal Brand on the WebBroadcast on 6/12/2009 with William ArrudaGo to Google right now and do a search on your name. That's the first impression many people will have of you! Do you like what you see?
- It's All About the Click: Fundamentals of Paid Search MarketingBroadcast on 6/4/2009 with George SeyboldPaid search, or Pay-Per-Click (PPC), marketing isn't new. But what do you need to know if you're just getting started?
- Advanced Tactics in SEO: Part Art, Part ScienceBroadcast on 3/27/2008 with Stephan Spencer, Rand FishkinEver wonder what the SEO pros know that you don't? What search engine optimization tools they use every day that you don't even know exist? Take your SEO skill set to the next level, even if you're already a savvy search marketer.
- Google, The Secret Weapon for Career SuccessBroadcast on 11/17/2006 with William ArrudaIn this web seminar, you will learn the secrets to building and maintaining stellar Google results. You’ll learn how to build your brand on-line so you can build a powerful reputation and expand your professional success.
Google: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: How to Use Your CRM Data to Boost Advertising ROIReleased on 4/1/2016 with Joseph KerschbaumIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to boost your return on advertising spend (ROAS) by leveraging the data you already have. We'll cover practical tips on how to segment your CRM lists, upload them into Google AdWords and Facebook advertising, and use them to help you expand and refine your campaigns.
- Take 10: What Does SEO Look Like Today?Released on 2/5/2016 with Jon-Mikel BaileyIn just 10 minutes, we'll show you what really matters to search engines today. You'll gain tips to build better search engine visibility with techniques you can implement right away. We'll also cover the importance of good content and context, how to apply social signals, and simple on-site optimization to improve your rankings.
- Take 10: How to Drive New Business With SEOReleased on 11/21/2014 with Peter PlattIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to shift your SEO strategy from branded to non-branded traffic. We'll share what data you should analyze, and basic improvements you can make to generate new (and more qualified) business opportunities.
- Take 10: How to Create Goals in Google AnalyticsReleased on 9/20/2013 with Christine B. WhittemoreIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to set up basic goals in Google Analytics so you can start to evaluate your website traffic right away.
- Take 10: How to Monetize Your Website with Google Ad SenseReleased on 1/25/2013 with Chloe SpencerIn just 10 minutes, you'll discover important tips on how to get your site approved by Google.
- Take 10: How to Create Custom URLs for Better Campaign TrackingReleased on 10/5/2012 with Dan SoschinIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to create custom URLs for your campaigns that will improve your Google Analytics tracking tenfold and, ultimately, improve your campaign performance.
- Take 10: How to Create a Simple Lead Generation Form in Google DocsReleased on 12/16/2011 with Christine B. WhittemoreIn just 10 minutes, learn how to create a basic lead-generation form in Google Docs. Along the way, you'll discover how to set up an enticing offer, how to get the form in front of people, and, most importantly, how to measure the results.
- Take 10: Five Steps to Creating & Registering a Site MapReleased on 6/10/2011 with Janet Driscoll MillerIn this Take 10, search engine optimization expert Janet Driscoll Miller guides you along the important path of creating a site map. She walks you through the process of creating and registering your site map, then verifying your site with Bing and Google.
- Take 10: How to Put Your Business on the Map With Google PlacesReleased on 4/22/2011 with Janet Driscoll MillerIn this Take 10, search engine optimization expert Janet Driscoll Miller explains how to get your brick and mortar location into Google Places so that your business shows up the way you want it to in Google Web search results, mobile search results, and Google Maps.
- Take 10: How to Reverse Engineer Your Competitors’ Customer ListReleased on 4/15/2011 with Scott SwigartIn this Take 10 webcast, competitive intelligence expert Scott Swigart explains how you can gather data from a variety of public information sources, such as Google and LinkedIn, and then connect the dots to gain insight into who your competition's customers actually are.
Google: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- The Post-Mobilegeddon Survival GuideThis 24-page guide will teach you how to optimize your website for mobile so that your home base can be badged "mobile friendly" and earn the search rank it deserves.
- Using Google as a Research ToolThis in-depth handbook will walk you through the ins and outs of using Google as a powerful resource for market research. In 27 easy-to-follow pages with a dozen screen shots, this PDF is a handy tool you will want to print and keep nearby as you learn to incorporate the new techniques into your search routines.