Google: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
The 25 Brands US Consumers Feel the Most Loyalty TowardAyaz NanjiConsumers in the United States feel the most loyalty toward—among major brands—Amazon's e-commerce store and Google's search engine, according to recent research from Brand Keys.
Five Ways Google Scores Your ContentMedia Shower [Sponsored Content]What if Google assigned a "content score" to every page on your website? Experts think that's exactly what Google does. So, to get more organic traffic to your site, you ...
Google and Facebook Dominate US Digital Ad MarketAyaz NanjiThe digital ad market in the United States is largely a duopoly controlled by Google and Facebook, according to recent research from eMarketer.
The Five Essential Mobile AppsAyaz NanjiAmericans rank Facebook as the most important app on their smartphones, according to recent research from comScore.
The 40 Most Common SEO Mistakes [Infographic]Ayaz NanjiWhich search engine optimization (SEO) mistakes appear most often on websites? To find out, SEMRush used its site audit tool to collect anonymous data on 100,000 websites and 450 million ...
13 Statistics That Prove the Value of SEO [Infographic]Laura ForerOrganic search results are 8.5 times more likely to be clicked on than paid results, according to today's infographic. Check out more about why SEO is the way to go, ...
Seven Tips for Writing Better-Performing Expanded Text Ads [Infographic]Laura ForerGoogle ads are a competitive space. Check out this infographic for seven tips—with supporting data—to help you get the best ROI on your ads.
The Who, What, Where, When, Why, and How of Ad-Blocking [Infographic]Laura ForerGoogle is releasing its own ad blocker for Chrome in 2018. What does that mean for marketers? The ad-blocking phenomenon is complex and can put a crimp in your ad ...
#SocialSkim: Facebook Launches Original Shows, Social Media Claims 3 Billion Users: 11 Stories This WeekChristian NeriSocial has 3 billion users (and other need-to-know stats); Facebook's original video push; LinkedIn expands partners program; a mobile messaging foray by YouTube; Google's Snapchat Discover competitor; Snapchat's powerful tool ...
The Google Search Volume of Major Brands vs. Challenger Brands [Infographic]Ayaz NanjiHow much more are major, established brands searched for on Google compared with smaller, challenger brands? An analysis by SLANT examined Google search trend data for 20 categories in the ...
Google: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Google+ for Brands: Lynette Young Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneSocial technology strategist and Google+ expert Lynette Young shares insight into how businesses can take advantage of the social network's potential for marketing.
Put the Audience First: Sonia Simone of Copyblogger on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew Grant"Search engine robots—the last time I checked—do not have credit cards to buy your product," says Sonia Simone of Copyblogger Media. Which is why, she adds, "It makes more sense for us to look at SEO as a function of ...
Making the Case for Google+: Guy Kawasaki on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantGuy Kawasaki loves Google+ so much, he wrote a book about it: What the Plus! Since I've been rather slow to get on the Google+ bus, I invited Guy to Marketing Smarts to talk about why I should give it ...
Google: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- MarketingProfs University: SEO—How Customer Experience Impacts SearchBroadcast on 8/13/2015 with Casie GilletteIn this PRO seminar and kickoff class of MarketingProfs University's Search Marketing School, we'll cover the most important elements and key changes in customer search behavior as well as how to drive conversations through SEO, content, and social media.
- MarketingProfs University: What Marketers Should Know About GoogleBroadcast on 9/15/2011 with Maile OhyeLearn the latest about Google Search and the evolving search landscape from the source. Google's Maile Ohye walks us through successful approaches—and pitfalls to avoid—when building a search optimized site.
- MarketingProfs Makeover: Optimizing Content for SEOBroadcast on 12/9/2010 with Heather Lloyd-MartinJoin us for this exciting and fast-paced Hot Seat Lab where you'll learn best practices for writing SEO content that will achieve higher rankings in search engines. Plus, you'll witness several live website critiques where Heather Lloyd Martin will provide actionable tips for improving content in a way that will draw more customers to your site.
- Turbocharge Your Google AdWords and Other Paid Online Media CampaignsBroadcast on 7/1/2010 with Bill LeakeLearn solid tactics that you can use to put a new pep in your pay per click step. Insights and concepts will be illustrated with real examples of companies like yours. You'll leave with sharp ideas that you can implement right away, and an opportunity to achieve double, if not triple, digit improvements in your monthly PPC campaigns.
- Today's Top Five SEO EssentialsBroadcast on 3/11/2010 with Janet Driscoll MillerDon't have the time or money to thoroughly search optimize your website? Learn what's absolutely critical to your SEO success.
- Bing Isn't Google: The Differences That Matter for Search MarketingBroadcast on 2/18/2010 with Janet Driscoll MillerWhat should you do to best optimize your website for Bing that you aren't already doing for Google?
- You 2.0: Measuring (and Improving) Your Personal Brand on the WebBroadcast on 6/12/2009 with William ArrudaGo to Google right now and do a search on your name. That's the first impression many people will have of you! Do you like what you see?
- It's All About the Click: Fundamentals of Paid Search MarketingBroadcast on 6/4/2009 with George SeyboldPaid search, or Pay-Per-Click (PPC), marketing isn't new. But what do you need to know if you're just getting started?
- Advanced Tactics in SEO: Part Art, Part ScienceBroadcast on 3/27/2008 with Stephan Spencer, Rand FishkinEver wonder what the SEO pros know that you don't? What search engine optimization tools they use every day that you don't even know exist? Take your SEO skill set to the next level, even if you're already a savvy search marketer.
- Google, The Secret Weapon for Career SuccessBroadcast on 11/17/2006 with William ArrudaIn this web seminar, you will learn the secrets to building and maintaining stellar Google results. You’ll learn how to build your brand on-line so you can build a powerful reputation and expand your professional success.
Google: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: How to Use Your CRM Data to Boost Advertising ROIReleased on 4/1/2016 with Joseph KerschbaumIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to boost your return on advertising spend (ROAS) by leveraging the data you already have. We'll cover practical tips on how to segment your CRM lists, upload them into Google AdWords and Facebook advertising, and use them to help you expand and refine your campaigns.
- Take 10: What Does SEO Look Like Today?Released on 2/5/2016 with Jon-Mikel BaileyIn just 10 minutes, we'll show you what really matters to search engines today. You'll gain tips to build better search engine visibility with techniques you can implement right away. We'll also cover the importance of good content and context, how to apply social signals, and simple on-site optimization to improve your rankings.
- Take 10: How to Drive New Business With SEOReleased on 11/21/2014 with Peter PlattIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to shift your SEO strategy from branded to non-branded traffic. We'll share what data you should analyze, and basic improvements you can make to generate new (and more qualified) business opportunities.
- Take 10: How to Create Goals in Google AnalyticsReleased on 9/20/2013 with Christine B. WhittemoreIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to set up basic goals in Google Analytics so you can start to evaluate your website traffic right away.
- Take 10: How to Monetize Your Website with Google Ad SenseReleased on 1/25/2013 with Chloe SpencerIn just 10 minutes, you'll discover important tips on how to get your site approved by Google.
- Take 10: How to Create Custom URLs for Better Campaign TrackingReleased on 10/5/2012 with Dan SoschinIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to create custom URLs for your campaigns that will improve your Google Analytics tracking tenfold and, ultimately, improve your campaign performance.
- Take 10: How to Create a Simple Lead Generation Form in Google DocsReleased on 12/16/2011 with Christine B. WhittemoreIn just 10 minutes, learn how to create a basic lead-generation form in Google Docs. Along the way, you'll discover how to set up an enticing offer, how to get the form in front of people, and, most importantly, how to measure the results.
- Take 10: Five Steps to Creating & Registering a Site MapReleased on 6/10/2011 with Janet Driscoll MillerIn this Take 10, search engine optimization expert Janet Driscoll Miller guides you along the important path of creating a site map. She walks you through the process of creating and registering your site map, then verifying your site with Bing and Google.
- Take 10: How to Put Your Business on the Map With Google PlacesReleased on 4/22/2011 with Janet Driscoll MillerIn this Take 10, search engine optimization expert Janet Driscoll Miller explains how to get your brick and mortar location into Google Places so that your business shows up the way you want it to in Google Web search results, mobile search results, and Google Maps.
- Take 10: How to Reverse Engineer Your Competitors’ Customer ListReleased on 4/15/2011 with Scott SwigartIn this Take 10 webcast, competitive intelligence expert Scott Swigart explains how you can gather data from a variety of public information sources, such as Google and LinkedIn, and then connect the dots to gain insight into who your competition's customers actually are.
Google: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- The Post-Mobilegeddon Survival GuideThis 24-page guide will teach you how to optimize your website for mobile so that your home base can be badged "mobile friendly" and earn the search rank it deserves.
- Using Google as a Research ToolThis in-depth handbook will walk you through the ins and outs of using Google as a powerful resource for market research. In 27 easy-to-follow pages with a dozen screen shots, this PDF is a handy tool you will want to print and keep nearby as you learn to incorporate the new techniques into your search routines.