More than one-half (56%) of US consumers who have made at least one purchase using their smartphone have done so in response to a marketing message delivered via mobile email, according to a survey from ExactTarget.
Among smartphone owners surveyed, text messaging is the next-most effective mobile purchase trigger (41%), followed by Facebook (35%) and shopping-related apps (e.g., apps specific to Amazon, eBay, Groupon, etc.) (32%).
Below, additional findings from ExactTarget's report titled, "Mobile Dependence," based on a survey of more than 1,500 US consumers.
Overall, some 16% of smartphone owners say they have complete at least one purchase as a direct result of a marketing message they received on their smartphone.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Seven Ways to Catapult Conversion for Mobile
- The Do's and Donâ€™ts of SMS Marketing [Infographic]
- The Time and Cost of Mobile Application Development [Infographic]
- How to Use Mobile Marketing for Your Business [Infographic]
- Why Your Company Needs a Chatbot (and How to Get One): Bot Academy Founder Andrew Warner on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]