Some 12.6% of total website traffic was generated via mobile device in the fourth quarter of 2011, up 102% from the 6.3% recorded a year earlier, according to the Walker Sands Quarterly Web Traffic Report.
Google's Android operating system was the top smartphone OS during the period, accounting for nearly one-half of all mobile traffic to websites.
Below, other findings from The Walker Sands Quarterly Web Traffic Report, based on the analysis of Web data across a wide range of B2B and B2C clients in multiple industries.
The reported 4Q11 levels were 3.3 percentage points (PPs) higher (or 22%) than the 10.3% reported in the previous quarter.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Mobile Opportunity: Recognizing the Power of Apps and the Mobile Web
- When Is the Right Time for Mobile Marketing Messages?
- The Summer Road Trip in 2019: Mobile and Social Trends [Infographic]
- Mobile Wallet Usage Around the World [Infographic]
- How to Use Augmented Reality to Attract Customers [Animated Infographic]