Most online Americans (90%) say they worry about online privacy at least sometimes, and 88% say they avoid doing business with companies that do not protect their online privacy, according to a survey from the TRUSTe Privacy Index Series.
Moreover, 95% of online adults say companies have a responsibility to protect their privacy online.
Below, additional findings from the first Consumer Confidence Edition (1Q12) of its ongoing TRUSTe Privacy Index Series.
Among online adults surveyed, 23% say they always worry about their digital privacy, 21% worry frequently, 46% worry sometimes, and only 10% of adults say they never worry about online privacy.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Next Decade of E-Commerce: A Shift From Intent to Discovery
- The 2019 Holiday Shopping Season: Spend, Timing, and Channel Trends
- Halloween by the Numbers: 2019 Statistics for Marketers [Infographic]
- Trust and Privacy: Reaching Today's Connected Customers [Infographic]
- How In-Store Music Affects the Retail Experience [Infographic]