Among the brands listed on the Interbrand Top 100, the number of circles across all Google+ pages is up 138% from three months earlier.
May 7, 2012 marked the six-month anniversary of Google+ brand pages. The Simply Measured study examines the performance of the Interbrand Top 100 on the social platform over the past three months (February 7 to May 7).
Below, additional findings from Simply Measured.
Adoption of Google+ among the Interbrand Top 100 has leveled off'; however, those brands with a Google+ presence have become more active on the platform:
- 64% (64 out of 100 brands) had an active Google+ brand page as of May 7, up from 62% in February.
- 22% of the brands now have circler counts of more than 100,000, up from 13% three months earlier.
- More brands are posting frequently: 43% are posting over 3 times a week, up from 15% in February.
Leading Industries, Brands
As of May 7, auto was the top-ranked industry on Google+ with 2,696,960 circlers, followed by electronics with 1,881,606 and luxury brands with 1,275,603 circlers.
With 730,831 circlers, Ferrari ranked as the top brand on Google+ as of May 7, followed by H&M with 684,670 and GUCCI with 595,129. In addition, Nike and Xerox both launched brand pages over the previous quarter.
Other key findings:
- The gap between the top-22-ranked brands and the rest widened over the past three months. For example, Armani (No. 22) now has 111,000 circlers and Adidas (No. 23) has only 26,000 circlers.
- Content engagement is on the rise, up 65% over February levels.
- Videos and photos are the most frequently posted content, and drive stronger engagement than other formats.
About the study: All data and analysis are from Simply Measured social analysis and reporting for the six months ended May 7, 2012.