Two-thirds (67%) of online American adults use Facebook, making it the top social network in the US; but, among those users, 61% say they have at some point voluntarily taken a break from using Facebook for several weeks or more.
Moreover, 20% of online adults who don't use Facebook say they once used the site, but no longer do so.
Below, additional findings from the report titled "Coming and Going on Facebook," issued by the Pew Research Center's Internet and American Life Project, February 5, 2013.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Seven Social Media Content Trends for 2020 and Beyond [Infographic]
- Micro-Influencer Trends: Platform, Format, and Compensation Preferences
- Do Consumers Think Instagram Should Hide Likes?
- Social Video in 2020: The Viewpoints of Marketers and Consumers [2 Infographics]
- Ethics and Social Media Influencers: What Consumers Expect