Can a piece of golden foil-wrapped chocolate be perfect? It can in the social media world, where the Valentine's Day treat Ferrero Rocher topped the Passion Intensity Index, generating the most social love and a perfect score of 100 among eight major chocolate brands, according to the NetBase Brand Passion Index, which tracks the intensity of consumer passion for brands among users of online communities.
The February 2013 Brand Passion index measured Valentine's Day chocolate-related consumer insights around popular candy brands: Hershey's, Godiva, Ghirardelli, Ferrero Rocher, Neuhaus, Cadbury, Lindt, and Dove.
Ferrero Rocher also garnered the highest Net Sentiment score (87), despite accounting for a mere 1.3% of total buzz about Valentine's Day chocolate. Across online communities, customers raved about the golden-wrapped hazelnut chocolates, labeling them the "perfect" gift to give and receive.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Value in Going Viral (And Five Steps to Improve Your Odds)
- Four Types of Influencers for Your Influencer Marketing Campaigns
- On Social Media, a Little Brand Personality Goes a Long Way
- Using Influencer Marketing on LinkedIn for World Domination (And Brand Awareness): Goldie Chan on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Instagram Stories 101: What Marketers Need to Know [Infographic]