Nearly one-fourth (24%) of total website traffic came from mobile devices in the first quarter of 2013—up 78% from the same time in 2012 and 109% since 2011, according to a recent report from Walker Sands.
The Quarterly Mobile Traffic Report, based on data from a sample of Walker Sands' B2B and B2C clients in multiple industries, also found that mobile traffic to websites increased less than one percentage point between 4Q12 and 1Q13.
That finding was in line with traffic patterns from previous years: Growth is typically flat in the first quarter following a spike in the late fourth quarter that coincides with an increase in mobile phone purchases during the holidays.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Mobile Opportunity: Recognizing the Power of Apps and the Mobile Web
- When Is the Right Time for Mobile Marketing Messages?
- The Summer Road Trip in 2019: Mobile and Social Trends [Infographic]
- Mobile Wallet Usage Around the World [Infographic]
- How to Use Augmented Reality to Attract Customers [Animated Infographic]