Mobile marketing budgets increased in the last 12 months for 31% of survey respondents, the study found. Still, less than 10% total marketing budgets are allocated to mobile for 68% of the marketers surveyed.
Below, additional key findings from the report, which was based on a survey of more than 650 B2B and B2C marketers.
- Optimization of email messages for mobile devices is now generally standard, with 76% of marketers reporting that they optimize for mobile viewing.
- However, only 40% are connecting those email campaigns with landing pages optimized for mobile, and just 39% measure how many of their email opens occur on a mobile device.
- Also, only 15% of marketers run a mobile-specific website.
Mobile Display Advertising
- 40% of marketers have no plans for mobile display advertising in 2013.
- 19% currently run mobile display ads, and 16% have plans to do so in the next year.
- 48% of respondents either already have one or more mobile apps, or plan launch at least one in 2013.
- For those with plans to create apps this year, iPhone (92%) and Android devices (80%) are the most popular platforms.
Ayaz Nanji is an independent digital strategist and a co-founder of ICW Content, a marketing agency specializing in content creation for brands and businesses. He is also a research writer for MarketingProfs. He has worked for Google/YouTube, the Travel Channel, AOL, and the New York Times.
LinkedIn: Ayaz Nanji