Nearly half of companies (46%) now have formal content marketing strategies, and 37% are considering such strategies, according to a recent survey of 217 marketing professionals by Unisphere Research and Skyword.
An overwhelming majority (87%) of the organizations surveyed say they create their own original content; 24% use content written or produced by outside vendors; and only 17% are curating content as part of their marketing initiatives, the research found.
Among the types of digital content created by respondents' organizations, the following are the top 3, according to the study:
- Articles: 76% of organizations
- Videos: 60%
- Blogs: 58%
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- E-Commerce Holiday Content: What to Write About, and for Whom [Infographic]
- The Cure for Crummy Copy: Laura Belgray of Talking Shrimp on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How to Win at Content Marketing to Generation Z
- How to Create the Right Amount of the Right Type of Content
- Storytelling, Digital Transformation, Customer Experience... and You: Contently's Joe Lazauskas on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]