Some 45% of online adults worldwide say they regularly check out brands' social networking pages, such as on Facebook; however, that proportion varies dramatically across geographic regions, according to a new survey from Ipsos OTX and Ipsos Global @dvisor.
Whether attracted by contests, the lure of a great deal, a place to voice their opinion, or an affinity with a brand, many people view brands as their "friends." That's particularly true for younger people: 54% of those age 35 and younger say they regularly check out brands' social pages, compared with only 31% of those age 50-64.
Not surprisingly, women are more likely than men to regularly check out a brands social page (48% vs. 43%).
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Value in Going Viral (And Five Steps to Improve Your Odds)
- Four Types of Influencers for Your Influencer Marketing Campaigns
- On Social Media, a Little Brand Personality Goes a Long Way
- Using Influencer Marketing on LinkedIn for World Domination (And Brand Awareness): Goldie Chan on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Instagram Stories 101: What Marketers Need to Know [Infographic]