The survey of 1,031 US adults found ownership of laptops (64% own) and iPods/MP3 players (45%) is up most dramatically since 2005, when Gallup last conducted a similar poll.
Smartphones, which were not included in the earlier survey, have become common, with 62% of respondents saying they have one. Most respondents report that they now have Internet access, either at home through Wi-Fi (73%) or via smartphones.
Since 2005, VCR ownership has dropped rapidly (from 88% to 58%), as has desktop ownership (65% to 57%).
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Marketing Beyond Millennials: Connecting With Generation Z
- Brands Teens Like: Top Clothing, Social Media, and Video Brands [Infographic]
- The Home Is at the Heart of Commerce Marketing [Infographic]
- How Concerned Are Consumers About Online Privacy?
- Neuroscience and Marketing Storytelling: Context Is Everything [Video]