The survey of 1,031 US adults found ownership of laptops (64% own) and iPods/MP3 players (45%) is up most dramatically since 2005, when Gallup last conducted a similar poll.
Smartphones, which were not included in the earlier survey, have become common, with 62% of respondents saying they have one. Most respondents report that they now have Internet access, either at home through Wi-Fi (73%) or via smartphones.
Since 2005, VCR ownership has dropped rapidly (from 88% to 58%), as has desktop ownership (65% to 57%).
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Next Decade of E-Commerce: A Shift From Intent to Discovery
- The 2019 Holiday Shopping Season: Spend, Timing, and Channel Trends
- Halloween by the Numbers: 2019 Statistics for Marketers [Infographic]
- Trust and Privacy: Reaching Today's Connected Customers [Infographic]
- How In-Store Music Affects the Retail Experience [Infographic]