Nine out of 10 women small business owners (89%) are optimistic about their company's economic outlook this year, up 8 percentage points from 2013, according to a recent report from the National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO) and Web.com.
Most women small business owners (87%) are also optimistic about the overall economic outlook for 2014, up 12 percentage points from 2013.
Below, additional key findings from the report, which was based on data from an online survey of more than 600 woman small business owners based in the United States.
- 92% of respondents predict more women will venture to start their own businesses in 2014.
- 32% of respondents say they started their own business because they always felt like an entrepreneur, a 10 percentage point increase over 2013.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How to Get to Great Ideas by Pushing Past the Obvious: Dave Birss Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Overcoming Isolation to Boost Employee Engagement: 'Back to Human' Author Dan Schawbel on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How to Grow Your Company Fast: 'Scale or Fail' Author Allison Maslan on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How to Put the 'Function' in Cross-Functional Teams [Infographic]
- Seven Challenges Plaguing the Modern Workplace [Infographic]