Job recruiters spend only six seconds on average reviewing an individual candidate's resume to determine whether the person is a potential fit for an open position, according to a recent study by TheLadders.
That compares with 4-5 minutes per resume on average that recruiters have self-reported in the past.
The report was based on data from an eye-tracking study of 30 professional recruiters who were monitored over a 10-week period as they they performed online tasks, including resume and candidate profile reviews.
Below, key findings from the study.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- 11 Important Skills for Modern Marketers [Infographic]
- Three Ways to Prepare for the Future of Marketing and Your Future as a Marketer
- Caught Between Technology and Creativity: Can Marketers Strike a Balance?
- Fulfilled Marketers: Matt Snodgrass Talks With Marketing Smarts About What Makes Marketers Happy [Podcast]
- Five Marketing Tips Worth Stealing From Small-Company Marketers