Mobile video viewing was up 127% year over year; moreover, it accounted for 27% total of global online video views in June 2014, up from 21% in February.
Much of this rapid growth in mobile video viewership has been driven by faster networks, more bandwidth, and an increasing number of smart mobile devices, the analysis found.
Viewing of online video on mobile devices is on track to make up more than half of all online video views by the beginning of 2016, according to Ooyala's forecasts.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Most Annoying Types of People on the Internet [Infographic]
- The Next Decade of E-Commerce: A Shift From Intent to Discovery
- The 2019 Holiday Shopping Season: Spend, Timing, and Channel Trends
- Halloween by the Numbers: 2019 Statistics for Marketers [Infographic]
- Trust and Privacy: Reaching Today's Connected Customers [Infographic]