The report was based on data from the Marin Global Online Advertising Index, which looks at over $6 billion worth of spend on the Marin platform. The index consists primarily of enterprise-class marketers—larger advertisers and agencies that spend in excess of $1 million annually on paid search, display, social, and mobile.
Search ads had the highest average CTR in 4Q14, with social and display lagging sharply—in line with how all three digital advertising channels have performed historically—the analysis found.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- What Shoppers Want: Customization, Coupons, Digital [Infographic]
- The Google Display Network: Stats and Insights for Advertisers [Infographic]
- Global Ad Spend Trends: Forecasts by Medium and Country
- Optimize Display Ads With Consumer Insights: Stats and Best-Practices [Infographic]
- LinkedIn Ads, the B2B Marketer's Secret Weapon: AJ Wilcox on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]