The report was based on data from a survey of 200 advertising executives randomly selected from agencies with 20 or more employees and 200 brand marketing executives randomly selected from companies with 100 or more employees.
Some 53% of respondents say motivational/leadership skills is the factor that weighs most heavily when their company promotes professionals to management positions.
Interpersonal/soft skills is the next most influential factor (19% cite it as most important), followed by strategic business expertise (13%).
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How to Ensure a Sound RFP Bid: Six Best-Practices to Achieve Success
- The Five Most Effective Applications of AI for Marketing: Christopher S. Penn on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The Company Behaviors That Employees Won't Tolerate
- Employee Engagement: Three Ways to Improve Your Strategy and Approach
- Putting Heart Into Your Business: 'Heartificial Empathy' Author Minter Dial on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]