The report was based on data from a survey of 200 advertising executives randomly selected from agencies with 20 or more employees and 200 brand marketing executives randomly selected from companies with 100 or more employees.
Some 53% of respondents say motivational/leadership skills is the factor that weighs most heavily when their company promotes professionals to management positions.
Interpersonal/soft skills is the next most influential factor (19% cite it as most important), followed by strategic business expertise (13%).
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How to Grow Your Company Fast: 'Scale or Fail' Author Allison Maslan on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How to Put the 'Function' in Cross-Functional Teams [Infographic]
- Seven Challenges Plaguing the Modern Workplace [Infographic]
- Five Ways to Use Video in Your Hiring Process
- How to Use an Agile Marketing Strategy to Improve Your Marketing Campaigns