The report was based on data from an April 2015 survey of a nationally representative sample of 2,608 adults in the United States.
The most popular time for online shopping is between 4 PM and 9 PM, local time, with 48% of respondents saying that's when they do so.
Some 37% of consumers admit to shopping online while at work; 18% say they do so often, and 19% say they do so sometimes.
Below, additional key findings from the report.
- 40% of respondents say they use their smartphone camera to demo, share, and compare products they find in-store.
- 19% have purchased a product from a competitor on their smartphone while being in-store.
- 38% say Amazon.com is their first choice for comparing prices on their smartphone.
- 59% of respondents say they would consider allowing retailers to know where they are in-store in exchange for promotional offers.
- 73% use promotional offers they receive via email; 42% use promotional offers they receive via social media.
- 62% say their desktop computer is the device they use most often to redeem digital promotions.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted in April 2015 among a nationally representative sample of 2,608 adults in the United States.