The report was based on data from a survey of 750 professionals living and working in the United Kingdom.
A slightly higher percentage of female respondents cite public speaking as their top fear compared with men (41.7% vs 39.5%). Older workers are also more likely to say public speaking is their top workplace fear (44.4% of respondents age 35-44 say so, compared with 38.3% of respondents age 25-34).
Being interviewed is the second most mentioned professional fear (20% of respondents cite).
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Surprising Effects of Business vs Leisure Travel on Your Health and Wellbeing [Infographic]
- The Business Benefits of Being More Pirate: Sam Conniff on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Marketing Jobs: Firms' Hiring Plans for the First Half of 2020
- What Hiring Managers Value vs. What Job Applicants Think Matters [Infographic]
- Productivity Lessons From Bill Gates: How to Do a 'Think Week' [Infographic]