The report was based on data from 4,300 US job listings posted to Indeed.com and Payscale.com in 2015, as well as data from a similar 2012 study. The researchers analyzed the listings to determine which cities have the most postings, which job titles are most common, and what the average starting salary is for various roles (excluding bonuses and other forms of compensation).
The average starting salary for SEO professionals has increased by 17% since 2012, with marketing managers/SEO managers seeing the biggest jump in pay (+26%), the analysis found.
Below, additional key findings. Check out the full report to see the complete list of salary ranges by location and job title.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Surprising Effects of Business vs Leisure Travel on Your Health and Wellbeing [Infographic]
- The Business Benefits of Being More Pirate: Sam Conniff on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Marketing Jobs: Firms' Hiring Plans for the First Half of 2020
- What Hiring Managers Value vs. What Job Applicants Think Matters [Infographic]
- Productivity Lessons From Bill Gates: How to Do a 'Think Week' [Infographic]