The report was based on data from 4,300 US job listings posted to Indeed.com and Payscale.com in 2015, as well as data from a similar 2012 study. The researchers analyzed the listings to determine which cities have the most postings, which job titles are most common, and what the average starting salary is for various roles (excluding bonuses and other forms of compensation).
The average starting salary for SEO professionals has increased by 17% since 2012, with marketing managers/SEO managers seeing the biggest jump in pay (+26%), the analysis found.
Below, additional key findings. Check out the full report to see the complete list of salary ranges by location and job title.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How Marketers Can Be Strategic Influencers, and Why Their Input Is Key for Companies [Infographic]
- 2019 Salary Guide: Pay Forecasts for Marketing, Advertising, and PR Positions
- How a Clean Office Can Boost Your Productivity [Infographic]
- Seven Key Traits of Desirable Marketing Talent
- Are You a Marketing Standout or Strikeout? Nine Tips to Help You Stand Out