The report was based on data from a survey conducted in November 2015 of 284 B2B marketers in the United States; respondents came from a wide range of industries, and half work for companies with more than 200 employees.
Some 61% of respondents say whitepapers drive leads for their business, the most of any content type.
Webinars are a close second (59% say they drive leads), followed by case studies (44%) and blogs (32%).
As for driving revenue, 41% of respondents say webinars are an effective tactic and 39% say the same about whitepapers.
Some 59% of B2B marketers say LinkedIn generates leads for their business; 28% of respondents say Twitter generates leads.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted in November 2015 of 284 B2B marketers in the United States.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Outsourcing Content Marketing? Here's How to Make That Partnership Successful
- A 12-Step Checklist for Creating Good Website Content [Infographic]
- Three Tips to Automate Your Content and Campaigns but Not Alienate Customers and Brand Fans
- How Readability and Word Choice Impact E-Commerce Landing Page Conversion Rates
- Secrets From the Most Successful Brands in Influencer Marketing: Lee Odden of TopRank on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]