Which areas of expertise and which skill sets are most in demand by employers looking to make marketing hires this year?
To find out, McKinley Marketing Partners surveyed 186 professionals who work in a marketing function or have influence in selecting candidates for marketing positions. Respondents came from a wide range of industries and company sizes.
Not surprisingly, being up to date on technology is important for job seekers, the survey found. Some 27% of companies plan to hire more people with digital marketing skills this year than they did last year—the biggest increase for any area of expertise.
Overall, the expertise areas with the most planned hires this year are general marketing (42% of respondent plan to fill at least one role) and content management (42% as well).
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Caught Between Technology and Creativity: Can Marketers Strike a Balance?
- Fulfilled Marketers: Matt Snodgrass Talks With Marketing Smarts About What Makes Marketers Happy [Podcast]
- Five Marketing Tips Worth Stealing From Small-Company Marketers
- 28 of the Best Productivity Hacks for 2019 (And Beyond)
- The 2019 Hiring Outlook for Marketing and Advertising Jobs