Which sets of words appear most often in the headlines of articles that go viral on social media?
To find out, BuzzSumo examined data from the headlines of 1 million random articles from top publishers posted on social networks.
The researchers extracted the most common trigrams (three-word phrases) in the top shared pieces on social media; only trigrams that were present in at least 150 of the article headlines were included in the data set.
The headline trigram that appears most often in viral Facebook posts is "X pictures that" (19,646 Likes and shares, on average), followed by "X signs that you're" (12,741) and "make you laugh" (11,029).
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How Agile Can Help You Balance Content Quality and Quantity
- How to Create Buyer-Focused Sales Content That Gets Traction
- Why the Future of Marketing Is Video: 40+ Statistics [Infographic]
- 29 Ways to Improve Your Writing Skills and Avoid Content Mediocrity [Infographic]
- How Marketers Would Spend Additional Content Budget