Which sets of words appear most often in the headlines of articles that go viral on social media?
To find out, BuzzSumo examined data from the headlines of 1 million random articles from top publishers posted on social networks.
The researchers extracted the most common trigrams (three-word phrases) in the top shared pieces on social media; only trigrams that were present in at least 150 of the article headlines were included in the data set.
The headline trigram that appears most often in viral Facebook posts is "X pictures that" (19,646 Likes and shares, on average), followed by "X signs that you're" (12,741) and "make you laugh" (11,029).
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How to Structure Your Content for Organic Google Rankings: A Proven Process
- The Top Content Marketing-Related Search Queries and Hashtags
- Five Content Marketing Myths Debunked
- Having One Marketing Writer Can Be Ideal (And What to Do If That Person Leaves)
- Four Human Writing Tips That Will Make Search Bots Smile