What proportion of Americans listens to podcasts? Which devices do listeners use, and where do they listen/watch? What is the demographic profile of the podcast audience?
To find out, Edison Research and Triton Digital conducted a telephone survey in January and February 2016 of 2,001 people in the United States age 12 and older (52% interviewed via landline, 48% via mobile phone). The data was weighted to reflect national age-12+ population figures.
Below, key findings from the report.
- 55% of Americans age 12+ are aware of the term "podcasting."
- 36% have listened to or watched a podcast at least once.
- 21% have listened to a podcast in the previous month; 13% have listened in the previous week.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How to Create the Perfect Lead Magnet: Three Essential Ingredients
- What B2B Firms Get Wrong About Thought-Leadership Content
- Five Reasons Your Marketing Messages Aren't Hitting the Spot, and How to Make Sure They Do
- Unleash the Power of Video Marketing for Your Business: Five Ideas for Video Content
- 15 Ways to Tap the Power of Collaborative Content