The top reason consumers abandon shopping carts on e-commerce sites is that they're just browsing and researching, which is followed by issues with shipping as a reason, according to recent research from Salecycle.
The report was based on 3Q16 data from the websites of 500 leading brands. It was also based on data from cart abandonment survey emails sent to consumers who did not complete purchases on these sites.
Some 34% of respondents say they abandoned a recent e-commerce shopping cart because they were just looking/researching.
Next, 23% cite an issue with shipping (cost/time), and 18% cite too high a price as the reason.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Six Neuroscience Principles to Supercharge Your Marketing Campaigns
- The Top Factors That Slow B2B Purchases
- How to Use Psychology to Improve Your Digital Marketing Campaigns [Infographic]
- Holiday Planning: How and When to Market for Thanksgiving [Infographic]
- Holiday Shopping Trends for 2018: Consumers' Spend and Gift Plans