The top reason consumers abandon shopping carts on e-commerce sites is that they're just browsing and researching, which is followed by issues with shipping as a reason, according to recent research from Salecycle.
The report was based on 3Q16 data from the websites of 500 leading brands. It was also based on data from cart abandonment survey emails sent to consumers who did not complete purchases on these sites.
Some 34% of respondents say they abandoned a recent e-commerce shopping cart because they were just looking/researching.
Next, 23% cite an issue with shipping (cost/time), and 18% cite too high a price as the reason.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Most Annoying Types of People on the Internet [Infographic]
- The Next Decade of E-Commerce: A Shift From Intent to Discovery
- The 2019 Holiday Shopping Season: Spend, Timing, and Channel Trends
- Halloween by the Numbers: 2019 Statistics for Marketers [Infographic]
- Trust and Privacy: Reaching Today's Connected Customers [Infographic]