The report was based on data from a survey of 1,055 bloggers from around the world who create content in a wide range of verticals.
Some 25% of respondents say it takes them between one and two hours to write a typical post, 24% say it takes between two and three hours, and 8% say it takes less than an hour; 44% say it takes more than three hours to write a typical blog post.
The average time spent creating a typical blog post has increased since 2014.
The length of the average blog post is 1,050 words, up 19% from 2015. The percentage of blog posts that are 500 words or less is half what is was two years ago.
Some 78% of respondents say a typical blog post includes an image; 51% say a typical post includes more than one image; and 15% say a typical post includes a video.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 1,055 bloggers from around the world who create content in a wide range of different verticals.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Relationships, Relevance, and Content Marketing for Banks: Shondell Varcianna on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How 'Tangential Content' Can Elevate Your B2B Company's Link-Building
- How to Use Video for Every Stage of the Sales Funnel
- How to Make Product Videos That Actually Drive Sales (Article 1 of 3)
- Webinars vs. Podcasts: Are You Making the Right Choice? [Infographic]