We've seen the power of Twitter's community used for good: spreading vital information during natural disasters, distributing Amber Alerts, and raising money for charities. Now imagine using not only Twitter's power but also the celebrity of the Nine Inch Nails. Sounds too good to be true... but it happened to one special guy.
Eric De La Cruz, a Nevada resident, is a Medicaid patient needs a heart transplant. Unfortunately, he was refused treatment because of the lack of transplant centers in Nevada.
His sister, former CNN news anchor Veronica De La Cruz, relied on the power of the Twitter community and started the We Love Eric movement to assist in donations for her brother and to push him to the forefront of the Medicare Disability committee to get his treatment approved.
Soon after Veronica began her efforts, Nine Inch Nails frontman Trent Reznor joined the movement and used the power of his own community of raving NIN fans to help push donation efforts to an awe-inspiring level.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Never Miss a Step in Your Social Media Marketing Schedule [Checklist]
- Why and How You Should Use Instagram's IGTV to Improve Your Social Media Video Strategy
- The Influence of Instagram [Infographic]
- Social Selling for LinkedIn: Seven Practical Tips [Infographic]
- The Complete Guide to Reddit Marketing