Recently, Oracle announced its acquisition of Compendium, a content marketing software provider—an indication of just how desirable content marketing software has become.
In light of the acquisition, Kapost created the following infographic, which illustrates the technological advancements that have led to content marketing software's growth.
The infographic includes milestones in connectivity, social media, and marketing automation.
One such milestone was in 1993, when MTV, IMBD, and The Tech (MIT's campus newspaper) launched websites. Shortly after, the term "weblog" (eventually shortened to "blog") was coined. Ten years later, in 2003, WordPress launched and eventually became the most popular content management system.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How to Use Storytelling to Transform Your B2B Content Marketing: Bobby Lehew on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Why a Picture Really Is Worth a Thousand Words According to Neuroscience
- How to Create a Content Strategy for COVID-19 (or Other Crises) in Five Steps
- Eight Talking Points to Justify Your Content Budget During COVID-19 [Infographic]
- Eight Ways Your Content Marketing Might Be Sabotaging Your SEO