Recently, Oracle announced its acquisition of Compendium, a content marketing software provider—an indication of just how desirable content marketing software has become.
In light of the acquisition, Kapost created the following infographic, which illustrates the technological advancements that have led to content marketing software's growth.
The infographic includes milestones in connectivity, social media, and marketing automation.
One such milestone was in 1993, when MTV, IMBD, and The Tech (MIT's campus newspaper) launched websites. Shortly after, the term "weblog" (eventually shortened to "blog") was coined. Ten years later, in 2003, WordPress launched and eventually became the most popular content management system.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How to Structure Your Content for Organic Google Rankings: A Proven Process
- The Top Content Marketing-Related Search Queries and Hashtags
- Five Content Marketing Myths Debunked
- Four Human Writing Tips That Will Make Search Bots Smile
- Having One Marketing Writer Can Be Ideal (And What to Do If That Person Leaves)