Where did the year go? Catch up on trend briefings for 2014, an epic year-in-review, the latest in Tumblr mobile ads, and a thought-provoking video that arrived just in time for International Disability Day. Skim to start the holidays with social peace of mind.
The living legend. It's never easy to kick off with a goodbye, and this week we've got two. Yesterday, at the age of 95, Nelson Mandela passed on. The news was confirmed by South African President Jacob Zuma on Twitter. Visual.ly also shared an extensive infographic detailing key moments in his life.
South Africa president Jacob Zuma says that Nelson Mandela has died—Paul Danahar (@pdanahar) December 5, 2013
Fast and furiously departed. Responding to surprising news about the death of Paul Walker—known for his roles in the Fast and the Furious movie series—Universal Pictures released a tribute video to the star, whose departure was all the more discussed because it happened in a car crash. We also love this tribute twitpic posted by social strategist Federico Mauro, whose simple-says-it-all visual drew over 100 retweets. (Thanks, @darewin, for telling us about the tweet.)
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Four Types of Influencers for Your Influencer Marketing Campaigns
- On Social Media, a Little Brand Personality Goes a Long Way
- Instagram Stories 101: What Marketers Need to Know [Infographic]
- Using Influencer Marketing on LinkedIn for World Domination (And Brand Awareness): Goldie Chan on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The Next Big Influencer Platforms and Trends in Social Media Engagement