We look at how the Supreme Court's thumbs up for same-sex marriage seized the social sphere (and transformed all your social feeds into rainbows). Find out how to access Buyable Pins and Facebook Messenger payments, learn about Facebook's ad-revenue-share offer, and hear Mark Zuckerberg's incendiary theory about where social is headed. Skim to stay in social shape!
All those colors make up love. The Supreme Court ruled that same-sex marriages should be recognized nationwide—just in time to wrap up Pride month. To fete the news, Facebook created a rainbow filter that people could use to update their profile pictures and spread the message.
Over 26 million people worldwide, including celebs Arnold Schwarzenegger and Leo DiCaprio, updated their pics accordingly. The pics got over 500 million likes and comments, resulting in more than 565 million interactions, by Monday morning.
Meanwhile, Twitter created special emoji to accompany the hashtags #Pride and #LoveWins. And the most engaging brands around the topics included Ben & Jerry's, Target, and Honey Maid.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Next Big Influencer Platforms and Trends in Social Media Engagement
- The Paid Social Platforms Marketers Plan to Invest In
- How (and Why) to Humanize Your Brand: Author Carlos Gil on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Employee Advocacy Statistics for Marketers [Infographic]
- Social Media Visibility Has a Price: 7 Things You Must Do