Behind every successful online community is an effective community is an effective community manager, states DNN Software. To select the right community manager for your organization, make sure he or she meets the following criteria.
Community managers need to be resourceful. "Like MacGyver, community managers will undoubtedly be presented with challenging conditions or pressing matters," states DNN. "Resourceful community managers find creative solutions via the tools available to them."
They also need to be fair and objective in how they interact with community members. One question you can ask potential community managers is "do you interact with some community members differently than others, and if so, how?"
Moreover, successful community managers are proactive, solving problems before they have a chance to become issues.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Four Types of Influencers for Your Influencer Marketing Campaigns
- On Social Media, a Little Brand Personality Goes a Long Way
- Instagram Stories 101: What Marketers Need to Know [Infographic]
- Using Influencer Marketing on LinkedIn for World Domination (And Brand Awareness): Goldie Chan on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The Next Big Influencer Platforms and Trends in Social Media Engagement